Guidelines for Community Groups
We offer the following guidelines to assist IONS Community Groups in their development and growth and in their presentation(s) to the public.
Although IONS Community Groups are independent organizations, we ask that they agree to represent the mission of the Institute of Noetic Sciences accurately in all communication: written, verbal and electronic. Please familiarize yourself with who we are, what we do, and our goal.
Membership in IONS
Community Group Coordinators are encouraged to support our work.
Communications within the Network
In order to increase effectiveness, deepen inquiries, and bring all Community Group Coordinators and members up to date on IONS happenings, we request the following:
- Participation by Community Group Coordinators (CGC) or a member of the group’s leadership team in the CGC monthly telephone sessions. These occur on the first Tuesday of each month, you will receive an email each month with an invitation to register for the call.
- Participation by Coordinators in any special conference calls organized by IONS, the Regional Representatives, or IONS Member Council.
- Dissemination of information coming directly from IONS or through the IONS Member Council or Regional Representatives, especially when requested.
- Participation by Community Group Coordinators and/or appointed members of the group’s leadership team in any orientation or training programs provided.
- For consistency, we request that each Community Group use the following paragraph on all external communication:
“Views expressed by speakers, workshop leaders and participants do not necessarily reflect the views of IONS or anyone associated with The Institute of Noetic Sciences.”
The preceding statement underscores IONS’ position and that of your Community Group.
- Please direct all media requests about The Institute of Noetic Sciences to email@example.com. Community Group Coordinators, Regional Reps and Country Contacts are asked to take special care in all media communication to clarify the distinction between their CG status and IONS.
- Community Group “names” and web addresses may include the acronym IONS but not use the whole phrase “The Institute of Noetic Sciences” and groups may not use the IONS logo.
Community Group Websites
- IONS Community Group websites should primarily be about the community group and its activities and have a prominent link to IONS web site (http://noetic.org) on the home page.
- Some community groups refer to group affiliates, sponsors, practitioners, vendors, etc. on their website. These references should be in a separate section of the website apart from the home page – e.g. listings of people or organizations that show their promotional information. If such references appear on the website, we ask that there be a clear statement on this (these) page(s) that no endorsement by IONS is given or implied.
- We ask that if Community Group websites contain paid ads that those advertisers’ products and/or services generally support IONS’ mission statement.
- If donations are solicited on the website, it must be clear that proceeds are for the use of the Community Group and a link to the Institute of Noetic Sciences web site donation page should be included as well.
- Community Group websites will be subject to review and approval by the IONS Member Council and The Institute of Noetic Sciences.
Member Contact Information
So that we can maintain good relations with all interested parties, contact information for community group members collected through the web site or in live gatherings (phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, etc.) must not be used for any activities other than official IONS Community Group activities nor shared with anyone other than the Institute of Noetic Sciences or its designates.
Please take disputes within or between Community Groups that cannot be resolved locally to the appropriate Regional Representative. If necessary, they may be escalated to the Member Council for assistance in resolution.
IONS has created partnerships with other organizations. Wherever possible, nurturing these partnerships at the local level will be appreciated. See a list of partners.
Gaining and Keeping Recognition by IONS
IONS reserves the right to remove a Community Group and/or a Coordinator’s name from the official IONS Directory or deny a request to become a new Coordinator if we have reason to believe that doing so is in the best interest of our members, other IONS community groups, or The Institute of Noetic Sciences in general.